Thursday 18 August 2022

# acne # acne prone skin

Chanel No 1 De Chanel Revitalising Foundation REVIEW


Hi guys,

Chanel have recently released their new skincare, makeup and fragrance line - No 1 De Chanel. 

This line is sustainable with their packaging and there being no leaflets - they have QR Codes on the boxes which has all information about the product you’ve purchased. They also contain the Red Camellia Flower with 5 anti-ageing benefits and 94% naturally derived ingredients. This is Chanel’s most natural product they’ve created - and it took them 10 years to create!

The foundation comes in 20 shades - which is less than a lot of their other foundations. Luckily, I was able to get my usual shade BD31. 

I did a first impression video on my YouTube channel above, where you can see me apply with both a brush and a sponge, I show you how it builds up and a 10 hour wear test! Subscribe to my YouTube channel here! 

Now onto the review.

The bottle contains the standard 30ml / 1 fl oz, and the packaging is frosted glass with a plastic lid with the Chanel logo. 

The packaging felt very lightweight compared to others like the Les Beiges foundation where the glass packaging is pretty heavy. 

I was excited to test this out as it says that it’s suitable for sensitive skin - I have very sensitive acne prone skin so I always have to be careful about which products I use on my face. I was also a little dubious as it says that it’s suitable for all skin types - I have very oily skin so usually a product which can work for dry skin will not also work for me and my oils. 

I bought my usual shade - BD31 and the shade is exactly the same as my others in this shade. 


There’s not much of a scent to the foundation which I like, and it goes on very light. 


My skin with no foundation. You can see a lot of blemishes and redness. 


With one layer I get a sheer-light coverage, and I can build it up to light-medium. If you’re after a full coverage foundation, this is not for you. 


This won’t cover acne or blemishes, and it won’t fully cover redness but evens the redness out a little. If you want to cover those blemishes, you’ll need use a concealer as well. 



I use 2 layers of the foundation with a sponge, and it’s not the best at building up - you have to be very quick before it dries. 

 

2 layers of the foundation. 


But I do like the finish I get with this. It’s a little luminous, but also a little matte so looks quite natural - if you’re after a natural look then the Les Beiges foundation would be the one to go for. 


It lasts pretty well with my oily skin for 8 hours, and I don’t really need to blot, however it does come off a little on my forehead and on the side of my face so it’s not super long lasting. So, if I want it to look nice around this time then I just build up a little bit on these areas. 


The rest of my makeup glides on very easily and I actually prefer the way it looks with the extra products added as you can’t see the blotches. 

This did cling to my dry patches, so probably wouldn’t suit very dry skin.


I did have a little bit of itchiness under my nostril and on the side on my face when using this, but it’s only happened twice out of the past month I’ve been wearing it.


Overall, I like this foundation but I’m not in love with it. I prefer my Chanel Ultra Le Teint Velvet and Les Beiges foundations more than this. 

It’s probably because I’m quite picky with my foundations as they have to not break me out, control my oils and look quite natural on the skin. 

I wouldn’t repurchase it but if you’re on the fence, I’d say try it out! 


I’d give this 3/5 stars. It’s not the best foundation, but it’s not the worst I’ve tried. Out of the ones I’ve tested from Chanel, this is the lowest ranking. ⭐️⭐️⭐️


YouTube channel: here

TikTok: here 


Enjoy,


Chloe xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Home Ads

Advertisement

Follow Us @soratemplates