Sunday 13 July 2014

# beauty # chloe luckin

Amazing Urban Decay Naked Palette & Naked 2 Palette Dupes! + Other Drugstore Dupes


Hey guys,
So I am like the majority of people my age and younger, who don't wish to splash out a lot of money for make-up products. My reasoning, is that I feel as though I can find and buy a dupe which is near enough the same, for a lot cheaper. I literally get through eye shadow palettes, foundations and concealers very quickly, so I don't really want to spend, say £40 every 2-3 months on repurchasing a new product.
     I've noticed that for a long time, Urban Decay Naked palettes have been all the crze, with people praising them, and saying how pigmented they were, but I don't like the £37 price tag which is attached to them. I've managed to find myself near enough exact dupes of both the Naked 1 and the Naked 2 Palettes and here are some swatches below.
     If you watch my video above, you will see that I have many more amazing dupes of high end products.
The dupes for high end products that I have found and shown in my video (not including UD naked Palettes are:
  • Bioderma Micellar Water (the dupe saving £13)
  • Benefit High Beam (the dupe costing 1/10th of the price)
  • Bio Oil (the dupe costing 1/3rd)
  • Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer (the dupe only £3.50)
So, back onto the Naked palette dupes, here are my swatches and reviews.

For the Original Naked Palette, which costs £37, I have found an amazing near-exact dupe which costs only £4. That's an incredible £33 cheaper, and you could buy 9 of these palettes for the price of 1 Naked Palette.
     The product is called Undress Palette by MUA. These are sold only in Superdrug Stores and on the MUA website. For £4, I wasn't expecting a lot, and assumed they would be an OK alternative.    

After I swatched these, I was amazed at how pigmented the were! I have used up a few of the colours, and I've hit pan on the majority (as you will see in the photos below). I'm sorry I don't have the Urban Decay swatches to show it against, but the colours are near enough the same, and the pigmentation is very high. I would say though, that the matte shades don't show up very good at all, but are great transitions shades. As you can tell on the photos, I've used up the majority of the colours, but at least you can tell that they're always used!
Also, you will see that the lighter shades don't show much on my skin, because I have incredibly pale skin, and all swatches are taken in natural light.


Shades 1-6
Shades 7-12
So, as you can see on the swatches, they're very highly pigmented (other than the matte shades) and they do have a lot of. It's just enough to not look like a disco ball and for it to be wearable every day.
     Again, I'm sorry I don't own the Naked palette, so the photos are taken in 2 different environments (the UD taken in studio lighting, and MUA in Natural lighting), but I feel as though you can tell that they are incredibly similar.

The dupe that I have found for the Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette, is also from MUA. This palette is called the Undress Me Too Palette. you can definitely see that they tried to make a dupe, as both of the names are very similar and are play off words from the Naked Palettes.
     Again, all of these photos are taken in natural light, and the shadows are very highly pigmented (other than the matte shades). Some of the light shades may not be as clear, but this is because I have used them nearly all the way up, so you can tell that they're loved and are always worn. I'm also sorry about how messy the palette is, the colours get a bit everywhere, and the packaging has been basically everywhere with me, so doesn't look its best.
     Here are the swatches and palette comparisons.





 Shades 1-6
 Shades 7-12
So, as you can see with these swatches, the black looks very chalky and the matte colour doesn't tend to show up as well as the shimmer shades.

I'm very impressed with how well these colours stay on throughout the day, especially for only £4. Even without  primer, they stay on for a good 8 hours, and with a primer, they stay on all day. There's very minimal fall out when you are applying them, and they don't look chalky whatsoever when they are used.
     There are a few shades from the palettes which I don't use, and don't feel like I would use, and that's shades 11-12 in Undressed Palette, and Shade 12 from the Undress Me Too palette. The reason for this, is that I don't really use dark eye shadow on my eyes. I only use black eyeliner, but I like my eye shadow to look lighter, and I don't feel that dark shades suit my face and my personality.  
     You may not be able to tell by the photos of the palettes that I took in natural light that they are complete dupes, so take a look online so you can see the studio photos, and you'll see that they're very very similar.
      I love using these palettes so much that I have used them in multiply make-up tutorials on my YouTube channel, and I'm impressed at how long they have lasted me too. I bought these both before new year 2014, and its now July 2014, and they're still going strong (other than a few colours).
     I definitely recommend that you try out these shadows. you wont be disappointed and you will be pleasantly surprised. If you'd like to try these before going the whole hog and spending £37 on the Urban Decay palettes, then go ahead and save yourself £33.

I hope you enjoyed this post guys,
Subscribe to my YouTube channel here

Chloe :) xxx


 you can buy these palettes from www.superdrug.com and www.muastore.com






No comments:

Post a Comment

Home Ads

Advertisement

Follow Us @soratemplates