Tuesday 9 May 2017

# 27 # acne prone skin

Review: Marc Jacobs Remarcable Foundation on Oily Skin!



Hi Guys,


Recently, I tested out the Marc Jacobs Remarcable Foundation which I have had in my collection since last summer. I've been waiting for a very long time to test out this product, and wanted to keep hold of it until I could do a first impression video. 


I purchased this for £37 from Harrods, and was colour matched to the shade 27 - Bisque Neutral. This was the perfect match for me whilst I was self tanned, and was a little worried that it wouldn't match me now, as I purchased this almost a year ago. I didn't have to worry, and even though the colour was a little light in the beginning, it oxidised during the day and became a better match. 


You get 22ml of product in the bottle, and the packing is beautiful and sleek. To take out the foundation, you twist the handle, and there is a 'stick like tool with a dot' inside (it's very hard to explain), which helps to apply a couple of drops of the product. 


If you don't know what my skin type is, I have oily combinations skin - very oily t-zone, blemishes, redness, sensitive, acne-prone and large pores. 


I applied this foundation using my Sigma F80, as it says on the website that the best way to apply this, was by using a brush. I found that using a brush, it looked a little streaky (the problem that I have with using a brush with all of my foundations), so decided to go in and bounce my beauty blender on top to even out the coverage, and it looked perfect!

I think I applied a little too much of the foundation the first time, as it tended to look pretty bad on my skin after 9 hours. I tested it out the next day, and it lasted really well on my skin - better than the day before! This is why I feel that I applied too much in my first impression, as I applied a lot less. 

The shade that I tested is 27 Bisque Neutral, which they say is a fair skin tone on the website. This is way darker than fair, and I feel as thought it's more light-medium as I used this when I was self tanned! 



BEFORE & AFTER 

Pros:

Makes the skin look flawless from up close and far away. 
Amazing shade range - there are 22 with different undertones. 
A little amount goes a very long way.
Will last a VERY long time as you only need a little amount. 
Covers all imperfections - redness, blemishes, acne.
Lasts well over 9 hours on my very oily t-zone (I only needed to powder once during the day).
Easily buildable. 
The rest of my Makeup glided on smoothly over the top. 
Controls my oils for at least 7 hours. 
The packaging is sleek, and the little dropper is a great way to apply the product. 

Cons:

Expensive price.
Sinks into pores. 
Oxidises during the day. 

To see my thoughts on this foundation, check out the video above.


Enjoy,

Chloe xoxo

Subscribe to my YouTube channel here


Subscribe to my vlog channel here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Home Ads

Advertisement

Follow Us @soratemplates