Saturday 1 April 2017

# affordable # beauty

Review: Wet n Wild Photo Focus Foundation on Oily Skin!




Hi Guys,
Recently, I tested out the Wet n Wild Photo Focus Foundation on my channel for a First Impression. This foundation has beed RAVED about all over youtube - I don't think I've even seen one negative review. 


The things that made me really want to test it out are the super affordable price point (it retails for $5-$6), and I fell in love with it when I watched a review from Casey Holmes on her channel about this foundation. Casey has SUPER oily skin, and I have very oily-combination skin. I though. "If it works for her, it'll work for me'.


As I was in Florida on my holiday, I decided to have a look around Walmart to find my shade. And I have to tell you, this was super tricky - they literally sold out of every shade every time I'd go to Walmart! So, I managed to pick up two shades, which aren't exactly toy my perfect shade, but I thought that I could just mix them together if they're not the perfect shade. 
The shades I picked up were Soft Ivory (Light Warm) and Buff Bisque (Light-Medium Neutral). Because I self tan, I knew that I would need the Light-Medium Warm, however I literally couldn't find this ANYWHERE! 


If you don't already know, my skin type is Oily-Combination Skin, very oily t-zone with redness and blemishes, acne prone. 


The foundation didn't have any claims when it came to coverage, lasting power, texture or which skin type it was for, so I basically went into this First Impression blind, with no knowledge of how it would perform. The packaging only stated that it doesn't have any flashback or white cast in photo, so is perfect for photoshoots and selfie lighting. 


They feel and look exactly the same on the skin, and the only difference really being that the Estee Lauder is waterproof and doesn't budge for over 14 hours, and the Wet n Wild starts to come off after 9 hours of wear. 


Wet n Wild Photo Focus is an incredible foundation for only $5! (I purchased it for $4.97 from Walmart.) Check out my First Impression video on this foundation above. 


I tested out this theory by using my iPhone with the flash on and off. And I think it looks great not ways! There's not really much of a difference, however the flash makes everything look perfect and glowy. 



WITH FLASH VS WITHOUT FLASH

So, I tried out this foundation in my first impression, and I was BLOWN AWAY! I feel as though this foundation is a drugstore dupe for the Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation. I have this foundation, have been using it for years, and it's my holy grail. 

BEFORE & AFTER

PROS:
Very affordable - retails for $5-$6.
Long lasting - still looked flawless after 9 hours of wear.
Great for oily skin.
Didn't break me out. 
Didn't irritate my sensitive skin.
Looks HD, and evens out skin texture and pores.
Amazing selection of colour - Fair-Deep Dark colours in Cool, Neutral and Warm undertones.
Easily buildable. 
Great coverage - medium and can be built up to almost full. 
No flashback or white cast in photos. 
No strong scent. 
Spatula Applicator. 
Packaging is glass, and feels very luxurious. 

Very hard to find if you don't live in the US or Canada - Wet n Wild doesn't ship internationally.

Sells out very quickly, so very hard to find your shade in stock.
Sinks into pores after 6 hours if not used with a pore-filling primer. 

Enjoy,

Chloe xoxo

Subscribe to my youtube channel here

Subscribe to my vlog channel here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Home Ads

Advertisement

Follow Us @soratemplates