Saturday 9 December 2017

# beauty # better than sex mascara

THE BIGGEST LASHES EVER?! Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara First Impression



I tested out the Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara for a review on my channel in a new First Impression. (video above) 
Because this mascara promised thick, full lashes with false lash effect, I decided to compare this to my Holy Grail Covergirl The Supersizer Mascara. I love the Covergirl mascara because it gives me lashes that I wish I had - thick, long and separated - and it's super affordable! 

This mascara promises dramatic Volume, Longer Lashes and a Dramatic Look with only one coat! Looking at the photo on the front of the packaging, it also seems to show that you will have a false lash effect. 
I used this mascara for the whole day (over 10 hours) so I could see how this mascara held up, and I feel like I have mixed feeling about this.


This product is a bit controversial, as I've seen so many reviews where someone either loves it or hates it! I know that I'd probably be on either end of the spectrum, which made me more excited to test it out and give my overall opinion. 




I like the way that this mascara makes my lashes look - thick and full with a false lash effect. During the 10 hours of wear, it didn't smudge or break off, and my lashes held their curl. 

Saying this, I had to use 3 coats of this for my lashes to actually look any good! With all mascaras, I don't do 3 coats as the most I do is 2. After 3 coats, the mascara can start to make he lashes look clumpy and spidery, and it just doesn't look that good at all. With this, it really didn't look clumpy, and it did almost the same as what it showed on the packaging - beautiful full lashes. 

I would have liked it to give me title more volume - as I usually get more volume from my $5 Covergirl mascara, but it did look nice during the day. 


I found the wand to be way too big! I couldn't really do my bottoms lashes with the wand because of how big it is, and it just ends up getting messy! If I was to use this everyday, I'd probably; end to use a different mascara for the lower lashes. 


Would I spend £19/$23 on this mascara? I don't think I would. I think because I know that my Holy Grail mascara gives me the same amount of volume, separates my lashes more and is super affordable, I think I actually prefer that one - plus, it's a quarter of the price, so you wouldn't be breaking the bank by repurchasing it! 
Also, as you need to use 3 coats of this to give you the effect it promises, I don't think the bottle would last that long, as you need to use a lot of iron each lash. 

I've been testing this mascara out for the past week to see if In can make up my mind, and I do really like it, but I'm still not sure if I prefer my Covergirl mascara over this. 

Pros:
Holds the curl all day.
Makes my lashes super log, full and thick. 
Doesn't clump.
Doesn't flake. 
Good formula - not too dry or too wet. 
Nice packaging. 

Cons:
You need to use a lot of the product to get the look promised - 3 coats. 
Very expensive. 
Wand is too big. 
Very messy on the bottom lashes. 
Won't last very long, as you have to use a lot of the product. 


Enjoy,
Chloe xoxo

Subscribe to my YouTube channel here
Subscribe to my vlog channel here
Follow me on Instagram here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Home Ads

Advertisement

Follow Us @soratemplates